Here’s an incredibly simple dairy free, gluten free, zero added sugar banana chocolate ice cream recipe for you.
Feel free to get creative on top of this – I’ll sometimes add berries, coconut flakes, dairy free stevia sweetened chocolate chips, and other bits!
Note that if you’re currently in a flare I would not recommend this recipe as it is. Rather, you could remove the cacao, walnuts and coconut milk, simply freeze and blend the bananas, and sprinkle with frozen or fresh blueberries.
If you’re not in a flare, then give it a try – the walnuts, cacao and coconut milk, whilst sometimes problematic for those in an active flare, all can convey a number of health benefits for those who have healed / are in remission.
Blender / Food Processor, Freezer
- 6 medium bananas ripe, organic
- 0.75 cups coconut milk no guar, organic
- 6 tbsp cacao powder organic
- 0.5 cups walnut pieces / halves raw, organic
- Peel and chop bananas into 4 pieces each and place in freezer for 5 hours or until frozen.
- Place frozen banana pieces, cacao, & coconut milk into food processor / blender and blend until well combined.
- Serve and sprinkle with walnut pieces or place back in freezer if you’d like a firmer texture!