For Food Lovers With Compromised Digestion (and for people who just like tasty stuff)
This kabocha squash soup is so so so easy and so so so good. The ingredients used are nutritional powerhouses that can supercharge your healing from chronic illness.
The kabocha is high in vitamin A, vitamin C, prebiotic fibre, and is soft on your gut as it passes through you. It also has reasonable quantities of potassium, magnesium, and B vitamins.
The coconut milk is highly anti-inflammatory, high in healthy saturated fats, and Vitamin D.
The chicken broth is one of the most powerful gut healers around with its high amounts of naturally occurring collagen and glutamine.
The turmeric, cayenne and black pepper are all highly anti-inflammatory too which is great news for those of us suffering with gut ailments and especially good for those of us with ulcerative colitis & Crohn’s disease.
And it tastes damnnn good. Here you go:
Easiest Kabocha Squash Soup
- 1 large kabocha squash organic
- 1.5 cups coconut milk organic, without guar
- 3 cups chicken broth Bonafide Provisions or homemade
- 0.5 tsp sea salt
- 0.25 tsp cayenne pepper
- 0.25 tsp turmeric
- 2 pinch black pepper
- Boil the kabocha squash for 10 minutes on each side or until the skin is soft and can be peeled.
- Peel kabocha squash, remove seeds, and cut into slices 1-2 inches thick.
- Add all ingredients to pressure cooker and pressure cook on high for 20 minutes. (We used the Instant Pot). You can, however, simply simmer all ingredients together until the kabocha has softened.
- Transfer all ingredients to blender and blend on high for 2 minutes.
- Taste and season as necessary.
- Serve and optionally garnish with coconut flakes and cayenne pepper!
That’s it, nice and simple wins every day in my opinion! Any thoughts are comments, drop them below!