Allergen Friendly Fluffy Cheesecake
This recipe is sugar, gluten and dairy free. It does, however, contain eggs. I’m sure you can attempt with an egg substitute but the texture or fluff is mostly from the eggs whites so can’t guarantee results…
Allergen Friendly Fluffy Cheesecake (dairy, gluten, sugar free)
- 3 tbsp superfine white rice flour organic
- 1 tbsp potato starch organic
- 1/2 tbsp tapioca starch organic
- 1/8 tsp guar guam organic
- 3 tbsp corn starch organic
WET INGREDIENTS for BATTER
- 5 eggs yolks at room temperature organic, free range
- 1/2 cup coconut milk organic
- 3 1/2 tbsp coconut oil extra virgin, organic
- 1/4 tsp pink himalayan salt
- 8 oz toffuti better than cream cheese
- 1 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice (for yolks) organic
- 6 egg whites also at room temperature
- 1 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice (for egg whites)
- 3/4 cup xylitol
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl sieve all dry ingredients together. Set aside.
- Line your cake mold (round or square) with parchment paper so that the bottom and the edges of the mold are lined up to 2 inch above the edge as the batter will rise when baking.
- Place the lined mold into a large roasting pan (I used a pizza pan). Make sure your cake mold fits in the pan. And set your kettle to boil 4 cups of water. Leave the mold and hot water for now, we will get back to it later.
- Heat a saucepan on low heat and place a heat proof bowl next to it with the egg yolks. Beat the yolks. The goal is for the yolks to get accustomed to the heat without cooking. In the saucepan, put the coconut milk, coconut oil and salt. Stir gently until everything is melted and silky.
- Add Toffuti and lemon juice (for the yolks) in the saucepan with the milk, oil and salt and stir until melted. Keep the heat on low and keep stirring because the mixture does burn quickly!
- When the "cheese" mixture is melted, add a third of the mixture to the egg yolk bowl very slowly, mixing continuously to stop the eggs from scrambling.
- Transfer the yolk and mixture into the initial saucepan and whisk to combine. Pass the cream through a strainer and add to the dry ingredients. Whisk well.
- In another large bowl, whisk the egg whites until peaks are formed. Add lemon juice (for egg white) to hold their shape. Gradually and slowly add in the Xylitol. Get the eggs as fluffy as possible by whisking for over 5 mins (electric beater, a plus!)
- Fold the egg whites into the "cheese" mixture, slowly. The more you are able to keep the egg whites fluffy, the fluffier the cake.
- Pour the batter into your mold. Make sure the batter is lined by parchment paper on all sides and evened out with a spatula.
- Place the roasting pan (with your cake mold) into the oven and pour the hot water on the pan so that it comes up to 2/3 to the edges of the cake mold.
- Bake the cake for 1 hour and 20 minutes. Do not open the oven during cooking or the cake will deflate.
- When a toothpick comes out clean, your cake is baked. Before you take it out, leave it in the oven, keep the oven door slightly open and turn the oven off. Let the cake cool in the oven for 20 mins. "Shocking" the cake with different temperatures will deflate it so follow these steps to keep as fluffy as possible!
- After 20 mins, place the cake to cool in the fridge for 1 hour.
- After an hour, flip over your cake on a large plate. Peel off all the parchment paper on the bottom and side of the cake and flip back over on another plate
- It is ready!
Give it a try and let us know how it goes.
This is a adapted from a Japanese fluffy cheesecake recipe which is all the craze right now and I’m so excited to share this with my sensitive gut peeps because it could be my best desert yet! AND NO SUGAR, DAIRY OR GLUTEN YEY!